- ½ kg of okra thawed.- 250 gms grated tomatoes with juice.
- 250 gms. tomato juice.
- 2 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste.
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- salt and pepper.
- 1 hot chili (optional).
For the special fried mixture to add to the okra.
- 5 cloves of garlic pressed through the garlic press.
- 1/4 cup of freshly ground coriander seeds.
Method for the okra:
- Stir fry the onion in a deep saucepan till soft.
- Add thawed okra and stir over high heat 2 minutes.
- Add all tomatoes above salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
In the meantime just before the end of the okra cooking time:
- Melt butter over high heat in a separate frying pan.
- Combine the coriander and garlic and fry for about 2 minutes until you obtain that beautiful odor of the fried coriander and garlic together. A unique aroma for a mixture called in Arabic "Ta'aliya".
- As the Ta'aliya is hot, add to the okra, laddle some okra with sauce into the frying pan to pick up any remains of the Ta'aliya, mix, cover, let it simmer another minute or so, uncover and turn off heat.
- Let cool and serve with white rice.