Made and photographed by Maria
This fantastic ice cream which does not contain 15 egg yolks, cream, and what not is out of this world.Maria was able to produce frozen yogurt, which is very common around the healthier people around the world, and without an ice cream maker.
You will need:
- 2 cups 10% fat thick, Greek yogurt.
- 2 cups Activia Fig Flavored thickish yogurt.
- ½ cup very fine sugar.
- 1 Tbsp. genuine Greek honey.
- 2 Tbsp. Golden light syrup.
- 3 Tbsp. finely powdered and ground pineapple flavored jelly dissolved in 1 Tbsp. hot water.
- Mix everything in blender at medium speed until you obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Transfer to special for ice cream container with lid and deep freeze at -21 degrees C for 1 hour.
- After one hour, take out from deep freezer and whisk gently for a couple of minutes to break any ice crystals being formed.
- Place in deep freezer again for another hour, and repeat above.
- Repeat for three times to make sure there are no ice crystals being formed.
- After whisking three times at 1 hour intervals, leave frozen yogurt in the deepfreerzer for about 2 hours till it takes that delicious consistency of proper frozen yogurt.
- Make sure you remember to place the serving bowls in the deepfreezer as well, so that you do not give any chance for the frozen yogurt to melt before serving.
- Top with nuts, blueberries, chocolate chips whatever your heart desires.