This type of potatoes could be used to fill a small round mould to place as a base for a grilled filet. Or could be used as a side dish for any slice of grilled beef, pork, or chicken.
You will therefore need about 1 kg of potatoes for 4 persons as a side dish.
- 1 kg of peeled, sliced paper-thin using the hand held potato slicer, or a mandoline as shown in photos
|A Mandoline Works For Anything |
You Want Sliced In Any Thickness.
Courtesy Of Wikipedia On Google.
- A 28 cm. heavy bottomed skillet.
- Salt, pepper and freshly ground nutmeg.
- 50 gms. of Swiss cheese (Gruyere or emmenthal), or any other soft melting cheese you wish.
- Parboil the potato slices 3 minutes.
- Strain very well.
- Melt butter in skillet on medium fire.
- Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and grated cheese, mix well.
- Let fry uncovered for about 6 - 8 minutes. (Lifting edge from time to time to see if the potatoes have not colored too much from down.
- Cook the other side as well.
- Do not cover while sautéeing the potatoes because they will not be crispy when you are done. If you cover them they will be soggy and over cooked due to the vapor produced inside.
- If you have neither a potato slicer nor a mandolin, then slice by hand as thinly as you can but in this case you need to parboil them a little longer.
Serve and enjoy with your favorite grilled meat.