|Long Forks With Color|
Spot On Top
|Fondue Chafer Dish|
|Enamel Coated Sauce Pan|
1) Homos: chick peas, Tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic mixed together into a purée, and cumin.
2) Sausage fondue: A specially spiced hot tomato sauce in a fondue dish over its chafer dish with little cocktail sausages.
You will need:
- 500 gms of chick peas soaked in lots of water overnight.
- 1 cup Tahini
- Juice of one big lemon
- 2 Tbsp. freshly ground cumin.
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Salt, pepper, and Cayenne pepper to desired heat.
- Cook the chick peas in lots of boiling water till tender.
- Strain, keeping some of the liquid for dilution later on if the homos becomes too thick.
- With a vertical hand held blender, blend the chick peas till they become a purée.
- Transfer to a big bowl. If very thick, add some of the retained liquid. Not too much because the final product must not be drippy but rather thick.
- Add the Tahini, and the garlic blend well with blender.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin and lemon juice to taste. Mix well
- Pour some oil on the suface, sprinkle some cumin, and drop a couple of leaves of parsley (if you have).
Ready. Cover with cling film, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
You will need:
- 250 ml of grated tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste.
- 5 sun dried tomatoes finely chopped.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and finely chopped.
- 1 small onion finely chopped.
- 1 chili pepper finely chopped.
- 1 tsp. freshly ground cumin.
- 1 tsp. curry powder.
- 1 tsp. tumeric powder.
- 1 tsp. ginger powder.
- 500 gms -1 kg of cocktail sausages.
- Salt to taste.
- Fondue set and lots of toothpics.
- Make sauce by adding oil to a sauce pan, heat, add onion, garlic and chili, stir fry till onions become soft.
- Add all tomatoes, stir and mix well.
- Season by adding, cumin, curry, tumeric, ginger and finally salt. Bring to a boil, and simmer till the sauce is thick.
- At the last minute add cocktail sausages.
- Transfer the whole lot to the fondue earthenware sauce pan shown in figure. Cover till your guests are due to arrive.
- Serve on the chafer dish to keep warm. Have lots of toothpicks close by so as to pick sausages with.
- Have lots of papadams, toasted pita bread or potato crisps for the homos, the sausages, or the sauce.