It is really strange how the weather keeps its appointments here in Athens. Come June 1rst and you can feel that summer is here and the temperature starts rizing like "Summertime" the song. Then comes September 1rst and the weather cools down. I can't wait for September to come!!As for the zesty chicken kebabs you will need:
Makes 6 skewers:
- 600 gms of breast of chicken cubed.
- 6 cloves of garlic crushed, smashed and pulverized.
- 2 red chili peppers thinly sliced.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Olive oil.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, chili pepper slices, and oil.
- Add over cubed chicken and mix with your hand till the chicken is very well coated with the ingredients.
- Cover with cling film, and marinate in refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until it is time to thread them.
- When it is time to cook, heat very well your stove-top grill or charcoal and place the skewers on it.
- Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked.// Brush with the marinating oil, garlic etc// Omit skewers, and place each batch on a large leaf of lettuce as per picture.
Extra serving suggestion: You could add some yoghurt on top of the kebab roll and enjoy!!