Thursday just before the week-end is a normal quiet day so lunch goes accordingly. It is, however, a dish full of vitamins and fiber....
You will need:
- 500 gr sweet peas any size frozen and thawed.
- 200 gr cracked wheat (bulgur) in 700 ml cold water.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 200 gr cauliflower cut in florets.
- 150 gr grated tomatoes in their juice.
- 5 cloves of garlic passed through the garlic press.
- ½ chili pepper very thinly sliced to give the dish some pep.
|Garlic And Home Grown Jalapeños And Habaneros Chilies All In Olive Oil.|
- Add water to the Cracked Wheat (Bulgur), add the two beef cubes and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve the cubes. Turn off heat and let the wheat prove and absorb all the water.
- When the cracked wheat has absorbed all the water (about two hours) heat oil in a big pot.
- Add garlic and stir fry till that special aroma fills the air.
- Add thawed sweet peas and stir, add the bulgur, add the grated tomato, stir and mix.
- Add the cauliflower florets stir and mix, add the chili slices, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve and bon appétit,