Having had Turkey Piccata for lunch yesterday there were some pieces of uncooked turkey leftover for today. Sometime I act like a pregnant woman who has to have something to eat or else the baby will come out with a birth mark similar to what she wanted to eat!! So I felt like eating turkey coated with roasted sesame....
You will need:
- 500 gr turkey slices cut into thin strips.
- 1 medium head fresh cabbage cut coleslaw style.
- 1 onion thinly sliced and separated into rings.
- 4 cloves of garlic very thinly sliced.
- 2 inches worth of fresh ginger root very thinly sliced.
- 2 Tbsp. mushroom flavored soy sauce.
- Salt and Pepper.
- 2-3 dashes of Green Jalapeño Tabasco sauce ( optional ) to cook turkey.
- 2-3 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce (Cross & Blackwell) to cook turkey.
- Olive oil.
- Coat turkey strips with the roasted sesame and set aside.
Tip: The hot roasted sesame seed will stick to the cold uncooked turkey.
- Steam cook cut cabbage 5 minutes from the moment water boils.
- Add enough oil to cover bottom of a wok and heat.
- Add onion and stir fry till soft.
- Add garlic and stir fry as well.
- Add ginger and stir fry all together for ½ minute.
- Add steam cooked but still crunchy thinly sliced cabbage, stir and mix.
- When well mixed add mushroom soy sauce and mix well until color changes to brown.
- Stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In another wok stir fry the sesame coated turkey in some oil until cooked.
|Notice The Wok Is Different.|
- Add Worcestershire and Tabasco Sauces to the turkey.
- Add turkey over the cabbage and serve.
Enjoy!! (I certainly did)