Well, as I said yesterday, salads, salads, salads.
Today I will share with you yet another dish with lentils.but this time it is cold.
You will need:
- 200 gms of lentils plainly cooked with a little branch of fresh rosemary.
- 285 gms of drained sweet corn
- 1 Orange bell pepper roughly cubed.
- 1 red sweet pepper roughly cubed.
- 1 big tomato cubed.
- 1 inch worth of fresh ginger cut Juliénne style
- ¼ cup roasted pine nuts.
- Salt, pepper, some chili powder if you wish.
- Olive oil.
- Or a dressing by Maria
- 1/3 cup apple vinegar.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika. It can be normal paprika or smoked paprika.
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar.
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 1 pinch chili powder to taste.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 1/2 sunflower oil.
Method for Maria's sweet paprika dressing.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Start adding oils slowly until you obtain a thickish fluid and the quantity you need. Refrigerate.
Method for the salad:
- Mix all ingredients togehter.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts on top of salad.
- Top with some scattered marinated green olives from those made on June 6th recipe.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- Add either plain olive oil, or the dressing as you wish.
Serve cold with iced tea.