For 8 ramekins you will need:
- 250 gms of cooking chocolate 64% Cacao melted on a double boiler with 1/2 cup of milk.- 6 eggs separated.
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (Maria's original recipe calls for 4).
- Zest of one big orange.
- 1 Tbsp. of brandy, cognac, armagnac, or Grand Marnier.
- Melt chocolate on a double boiler - bain marie - by putting a pyrex bowl on top of a sauce pan with boiling water.
- Add the milk and stir until chocolate melts. If still thick add some more milk.
- In the meantime beat the 6 egg yolks with the sugar until it turns white.
- Add the orange zest and the liquor. Mix
- Add the melted chocolate, blend.
- In a separate bowl beat the 6 egg whites stiff and fold patiently into the chocolate-egg-sugar mixture.
- Fill the 8 ramekins, decorate with a wedge of orange and kiwi.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before consumption.