Sometimes women, more than men, crave for eggplant. Maybe they are lacking iron in their system so this recipe is dedicated to ladies who love eggplant. This is not a main dish. It is usually served on the side or as a starter. It is very simple to make...all you need is eggplant, garlic, parsley, olive oil, and an oven preheated to 175 degrees centigrade.Serves 4
Your will need:
|Name Of This Type Of Eggplant In Greek:|
- 2 kg of eggpland as shown in picture. The elongated, black and shiny ones.
- 8 cloves of garlic crushed and very finely chopped.
- 1 bunch of parsley finely cut.
- 1 cup olive oil.
- Wash egglant and cut crosswise into 1-2 inch slices as shown in picture.
- Bake for 2 hours at 175 degrees Centigrade till they are done and have taken a nice brownish color on the surface.
- Quickly add garlic, kitchen salt to taste, parsley and olive oil on the surface.
- Add another layer of eggplant slices and repeat above with the garlic, the parsley and the oil.
- Continue until all the eggplant is finished.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. You will see that after a while, the plastic wrap will be concave sucked down by the sort of vacuum.
The whole idea of covering with the plastic wrap when hot, is to trap and condense all the steam from the heat of the eggplant, the beautiful aroma of the garlic mixed with parsely, and the oil and to let the air inside circulate to render each piece soft and juicy.
- Let cool for 3 - 4 hours, refrigerate or
Serve. It is delicious, it is healthy and totally vegetarian.