Light Saturday Salad.....................Healthy / Low In Fat
I have to admit that people are now eating food with less % fat due to their awareness of the many health problems caused by eating "rich" food.
Maria is going to share with you today a simple, Saturday lazy salad, with a dressing of her own using Anthótiro or ricotta (10-13% fat) instead of Feta (40% fat).
|Italian Rocotta Cheese|
Courtesy Of Wikipedia
- 200 grms. ricotta cheese or fresh unsalted cottage cheese (Anthótiro in Greek) cut in small triangles.
- 3 big tomatoes cut in wedges.
- 1 scalion (fresh onion, spring onion) finely sliced.
- 1 tsp. dry oregano.
- 30 grms. parsley coarsly chopped ( leaves from 3-4 sprigs or more if you like much parsley)
For the dressing:
- 50 gms. Anthótyro.
- 1 Tbsp. from the above fresh onion.
- 1 Tbsp. parsley.
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp. Vinegar.
- Zest of a medium sized lemon.
- Chili flakes with seeds to taste (Boúkovo).
- Some water for dilution.
Method for the Salad:
In a beautiful salad shallow bowl :
- Arrange tomato wedges,
- Sprinkle dry oregano,
- Sprinkle parsely,
- Sprinkle onion,
- Sprinkle the cheese bits obtained by cutting etc.
- Arrange cheese triangles between the tomatoes.
Method for the dressing:
- Add all ingredients mentioned above into a blender and liquify the lot, adding some water to dilute into a dressing consitancy.
Serve in a bowl with spoon or as shown on photo below.