We always need to eat something sweet after any meal how ever light it may be. So join me for some cookies.....Read more: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2007/02/expandable-post-summaries.html#ixzz1QI9F1mh2
- 3/4 cup castor sugar.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- 1 cup soft margarine with olive oil.
- 1 t vanilla extract.
- 1 large egg whole.
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazel nuts.
- 1/2 cup fine chocolate slithers.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix castor, brown sugars, margarine, vanilla and egg with an electric beater on medium speed till everything is well incorporated.
- Start adding the self-rising flour slowly and mix manually with a wooden spoon till all the flour has been absorbed.
Note: At this point the dough will be quite thick and stiff.
- Add the hazel nuts and the chocolate slithers and mix.
- Drop by spoonfuls of dough at about 3 cm apart on baking sheets lined with oven paper.
|After Baking 10-12 Minutes|
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on the strength of oven to light golden.
- Retrieve from oven let cool then set on cooling rack.
|Let To Cool Completely On Wire Racks|
Let cool completely and enjoy... not all at once.
Put them somewhere difficult to get to...in general we are a bit lazy as a family and many times we are too lazy to get up...even to get a cookie!!