All Purpose Cherry Tomato Sauce For Pasta, Seafood, Chicken Or Meat.
The other day I found some cheap cherry tomatoes and went ahead and bought them knowing that I could find something to do with them. As I had nothing to do that afternoon, thought of making an all purpose sauce and freeze it. It could be of use some day I would be cooking chicken, beef, seafood or pasta....
Today we are having rigatoni with tuna. So I thought of draining the two cans of tuna from the oil, and just adding them to the sauce et voila my sauce would be ready in the next 10 minutes in which the sauce would simmer to distribute the tuna taste. Add nothing else.
The tuna could be replaced by pieces of already cooked beef, chicken or seafood such as octopus for example.
|Without the lemon|
- 500 gr of cherry tomatoes.
- A couple of sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 1 bay leaf whole.
- 2 T good olive oil.
- 1 fresh red chili pepper finely chopped.
- 1 T brown sugar.
- 2 cups of boiling water.
- Add all of the above in a baking dish.
- Bake for about 1 hour in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Check for fluids if getting dry add some more water.
- When it is time, turn off oven and let the baking dish inside until completely cool.
- Freeze till needed.
When needed, add the onion, garlic, parsley or anything else you want.
I think it is a good idea for a quick sauce instead of buying the ready made ones from the supermarket.