Lentils & Kinoa...The Super Food
Nothing like beginning your week with a nice plate of Lentils and Kinoa. This is a super food with a concentration of vitamins and nutrients which will give your body one heck of a boost.... the fantastic thing about it .....
is that it was delicious. Here how I made it.
- 500 gm of brown medium size lentils.
- 1 cup kinoa raw.
- 4 cloves of garlic passed through the press.
- 2 big bay leaves.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Count one big tomato cubed per person per plate. If you take a second plate you have to put another tomato.
- A few dashes of HOT oil ( home made).
- Sprinkle some Madras curry powder.
- Boil the lentils and the kinoa together in a pot with enough water to cover both mixed together by two fingers.
- Add garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until all water is absorbed and lentils/kinoa are cooked. Turn off heat.
- Uncover and let cool.
- Serve plates, add the cubed tomatoes, as many dashes of hot oil, and sprinkle as much Madras Curry as you like.
Unbelievably delicious, Vegetarian and Vegan as well.