Rice is always a fine side dish which works with everything. I would like to share with you a new taste I discovered today: Saffron, Orange rind, Garlic and Ginger.
You will need:
Serves 4 as a side dish.
- 2 cups rice.
- 3 cups water.
- 1½ Tbsp. of dried and pulverized orange rind.
- 0.25 gr of powdered saffron.
- 1 tsp. minced garlic in oil.
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger root.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Some finely chopped parsley to decorate.
- Boil water with pulverized orange rind, powdered saffron, garlic in oil, grated fresh ginger root, salt & pepper to taste.
- When water boils add rice.
- Stir, cover, lower heat to minimum.
- Set your clock to ring in 20 minutes.
At the end of 20 minutes, turn off heat, add 2 Tbsp. butter, put a kitchen towel between the saucepan and the cover to absorb all extra vapor till it is time to serve.
Sprinkle some chopped parsley to garnish.
Enjoy as a side dish with any main course.