Madras Chicken Curry With Garam Masala, Spinach And Yogurt
Had leftover chicken and spinach from yesterday, ( I had boiled a skinless chicken for chicken salads, snacks, club sandwiches etc.) sliced very thinly a couple of nice white onions, half used tomato, added butter, salt, thick Greek yogurt, MILD Madras curry, Garam Masala, two ladles of chicken broth, freshly scissored cilantro and had today's lunch ready in ten minutes!!
You will need:
- ½ kg frozen spinach, thawed.
- 2 cooked breasts of chicken thickly sliced.
- 1 Tbsp. fresh butter.
- 2 onions very thinly sliced in rings.
- 3 cloves of garlic thickly grated.
- 2 inches worth of fresh ginger root thickly grated.
- ½ tomato roughly cut.
- ¼ bunch of fresh cilantro cut with multiple blade scissors.
- 3 Tbsp. mild Madras ready made curry powder.
- ½ Tbsp. Garam Masala.
- 2 pods of black cardamom broken with little seeds spilled out into the Karahi.
- 2 pinches of that mix I prepared for the living room (which contains a lot of orange zest).
- 1 tsp. mango powder.
- 3 heap Tbsp. of thick Greek yogurt.
- Melt butter in Karahi,
- Add onion rings and stir fry till soft.
- Add spinach which will spill its liquids.
- Stir and cook.
- Add tomato, curry powder, black cardamom seeds, living room mix, mango powder stir and mix.
- Bring to a boil then simmer.
- Add yogurt, grated garlic and ginger, Garam Masala, stir and mix.
- Add the thickly sliced breast of chicken. Do not stir lest it breaks up.
- At the very end add the roughly chopped cilantro.
- Mix and serve on rice made with the chicken broth instead of water.