|Freshly Dried Porcini Mushrooms...What A Fantastic Aroma!|
You will need:
- 6 big whole eggs.
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cream.
- 1 cup dried Porcini mushrooms.
- 25 gr fresh butter.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil for the butter not to burn.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 6 thin slices of red hot chili peppers (optional).
- Put the mushrooms in a small saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil then simmer till the juice evaporates to half. Drain. Keep the liquid in your freezer for future use. Since the mushrooms have been freshly dried, they should be soft by now.
- Cut the mushrooms in little pieces.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and beat, add the fresh cream, and beat again till cream is incorporated.
- Melt butter, add olive oil in a large skillet on high heat saute the mushrooms.
- Pour beaten eggs on hot skillet on high heat, equally disperse the mushrooms around the omelet, wait 5 to 10 seconds before starting to push the cooked part of the omelet with a spatula from the rim towards the center so the uncooked eggs take its place. Repeat until most of the liquid has dried. Leave lightly wet because the rest will cook when you fold the omelet. Turn off heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before folding.
- Add a couple of slices of red hot chili pepper for color (optional).
Serve with scalloped saute potato slices and cauliflower.