Lets move to something else a bit more saucy. Instead of rice let us use bulgur (Πλιγούρι). Breast of turkey is imported from Italy. Greece does not produce and export anything so basically that is why Greece is in this mess. But now we are talking of culinary dreams that are coming true.....
You will need:
Serves 4 - 6
- 4 medallions of turkey breast.
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- ¼ cup of sweet red wine.
- Whole Button mushrooms cut in two.
- Juice of the mushrooms for the sauce.
- Olive oil to fry the turkey in.
- 1 cup frozen mixed wild berries passed through the food processor.
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar.
- Salt and pepper. to taste.
- 1 Tbsp. sauce thickener.
- Heat oil in a skillet large enough to hold the medallions.
- Brown turkey medallions on all sides, add garlic and fry slightly.
- Add button mushrooms and juice. Cover and simmer till turkey is cooked and sauce is thick.
- Once the turkey is cooked, add wild berries, sugar and mix.
- You would want to end up with a thick sauce if not thicken sauce with sauce thickener "Sauce Liée" .
For the bulgur:
- Boil 600 ml of water, add one cube of braised beef, dissolve, add 200 gr of bulgur, turn off the heat and let it soak until it cools.
- Wait till all the liquid is absorbed and let stand for later.
Serve bulgur as a base to your medallion holding the mushrooms on top in the center of a plate. Decorate with some sauce around the empty area of the plate.