You will need:
- 1 Pack of spare ribs frozen and thawed. They contain 4 full racks as shown in picture below.
- barbeque pit with cover.
- Oven dish to heat water in.
- Salt, pepper and whatever other spice you would like.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Introduce oven dish with water and wait until it heat up.
|Notice the rib bones protruding showing that they are nearly cooked.|
|Rib Racks Over Heated Water.|
- In the meantime light your charcoal quickly with all vents open for good aeration.
- Grill on medium hot charcoal without adding any bbq sauce until you are sure they are cooked. Bbq sauce contains sugar and will burn over the charcoal.
- Do not overcook, taste a rib to check the meat must come right off the bone without sticking to the bone. That is, the bone must end up with no meat on it at all.
- Serve with bbq sauce and the saute baby potatoes.
For the saute Baby Potatoes:
- 1 kg of baby potatoes washed but not peeled.
- 1 non stick skillet.
- 50 gr fresh butter.
- Some fresh or dry sage.
- Boil potatoes till they are done.
- Drain and dry.
- Melt and heat fresh butter, add sage wait till aroma fill the air.
- Add potatoes and saute turning them occasionally till they are crispy and golden.
- By the time the ribs are ready, the potatoes should be too.
Serve ribs and potatoes with a salad of your choice.