The smoked chicken goes like this:
You will need:
- 1 chicken weighing around 1.4 to 1.5 kg skin taken off.
- Electric Smoker.
or charcoal grill with cover or gas grill.
- Soaked Mesquite chips.
- Plug in your electric smoker.
- Just put your chicken in your smoker with the smoke going.
- Smoke for 5 hours (just as long as the beef tongue took).
- Or till the drum stick dislocates easily.
- When ready cut chicken into segments as above and serve with a salad of your choice.
- The chicken has not been cured. Therefore it has been only smoked, that is why you see the outside dark with smoke, and the meat inside white and not pink.
- What I am trying to say is, if and when you are smoking something you can always add anything extra to smoke along with your primary peace of meat. I was basically smoking the beef tongue after curing it for a week, so I happened to have a chicken in the fridge my wife had just brought in so I put that as well. I did not go through the motions of having to brine it. Some other time I may want to brine it in which case the taste will be much better.