Cupcakes and such are the big thing now...one way to prepare them is ....
You will need:
Makes 12 cupcakes.
For the cupcakes:
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour.
- 1 cup caster sugar.
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder.
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 1½ tsp. baking soda.
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
- 2 eggs.
For the caramel icing:
- ½ cup butter.
- 1 cup light brown sugar.
- ¼ cup milk.
- 12 Tbsp. powdered sugar.
Method for the cupcakes:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c.
- Mix all ingredients together on slow for a minute, scraping sides all the time.
- Increase speed to high and mix for 3 minutes.
- Fill cupcake molds to the brim.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till your pick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
Method for the icing:
- Heat butter to melt.
- Add brown sugar and let boil for 4 minutes.
- Add milk mix and turn off heat, let cool.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- When both cupcakes and icing are cold, cover the top part of the cupcake, drizzle some chocolate bits.
The rest of the batter is baked for 20 minutes after the cupcakes are ready to make a thin flat square chocolate base to build a dessert using your imagination. You can also make a trifle.
But that is another story...