Every once in a while it is good to eat healthy, it is good not to eat red meat. So instead of red meat we use white meat: this time it is turkey. Italy produces very good filet of turkey breast which you can fix in many ways and is inexpensive.
You will need:
- 700 gms of turkey not completely thawed.
- 1 onion chopped.
- 2 Tbsp. fine bread crumbs.
- 1 egg.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 tsp. dry thyme.
- Salt and pepper.
- Meat grinding machine (hand crancked).
- Mince turkey which has not yet thawed.
- Add to turkey chopped onion, salt, pepper, dry thyme, find bread crumbs, egg, oil and mix well .
- Make 6 equal size patties.
- Refrigerate till ready to cook.
- When ready, heat skillet with olive oil, place the burgers, and cook on very low heat, covered for 15 minutes overturning every so often. Poultry needs to be well cooked.
- Before serving make sure the burgers are well done. A hint on how to check for donenness is by sticking a sharp knife to the center of the burger and touching your tongue with it. If it is cold or warm it is still not done, if it is really hot then it is ready. Another way is to put a meat thermometer to the center and check the inside temperature of the burgers.
- Serve with mustard and your favorite salad.