You would want to save all the empty jars of pickles, mustard, mayo, ketchup bottles, BBQ sauce bottles for some special sauces, condiments, preserves, marmalade made at home.
I am now using the ketchup plastic bottles to prepare my condiments for the months to come.I use it in dressings, fried eggs, meats, BBQ, etc.
|Bottle On The Left: Rosemary / Chili Olive Oil (Organic)|
Bottle In The Middle: Garlic / Chili / Dry Coriander Olive Oil (Organic)
Bottle On The Right: Basil / Chili Olive Oil (Organic)
As I am a Chili-Head, I love everything hot and spicy...my poor family!! My daughter was weened on Tabasco sauce. Even my wife ended up loving hot food! (Thirty years!!)
So I decided to make up one batch of each of the above in the picture.
A) Rosemary / Chili with extra virgin organic olive oil from Kalamata.
Cut a few sprigs of rosemary from your garden or potted plant in your kitchen, wash them and dry them very well and stuff them in the bottle.
- Cut and clean your pepper like so making sure all seeds and veins are out. Make cuts all along the length of the pepper.- Let mature for a couple of days at room temperature, then refrigerate.
B) Chili / Garlic / Powdered Coriander with extra virgin organic olive oil from Kalamata.
- Pound into a paste 12 cloves of garlic in a mortar and pestle. Insert garlic into bottle together with the chili and the powdered coriander.
- Fill with olive oil leave at room temperature for a couple of days to mature then refrigerate.
C) Basil / Chili with extra virgin organic olive oil from Kalamata.
- Wash and dry basil very well. This is a good chance to get rid of your plant tips.
- Stuff the bottle then add the chili.
- Leave at room temperature for a couple of days to mature then refrigerate.