|Just As The Oven Door Was Opened ! WoW|
It Is Such A Pleasure To See Both Cakes Rise.
Although Maria is the one for the sweets, I coul'nt wait for Sunday to arrive!! I have to share this cake with you guys. It is so fluffy and delicious specially when you dunk it in black coffee in the morning with your eyes half closed!! It will slap you on the face and make sure you wake up!
- 500 gms of self-rising flour.
- 250 gms of butter or margarine.
- 440 gms of caster sugar.
- 4 whole eggs at room temperature.
- 260 ml. of milk at room temperature.
- 1/2 tsp. vanila extract add to the butter or margarine.
- Zest of one huge orange added to the milk.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Butter well and coat with cocoa powder the interior of two rectangular baking molds 22 cm.
|Buttered mold And Coated With Coca powder.|
|Beat Butter Or Margarine well.|
- Continue beating for 3 minutes.
- Start the flour and the milk alternatively in stages. Note: The milk contains the orange zest.
- Beat some more for 1/2 a minute .
- Pour batter quantity in each mold and bake both together side by side for one hour.
- When time is up check with your wooden skewer for doneness. The skewer should come out clean.
'- Take out both molds from the oven and let cool 15 minutes.
- Then you can un-mold them to a rectangular platter.
|You Can See The Cocoa Powder On The Sides|
Giving The Cake A Whole New Dimension.