|Slices Of Roast Turkey Breast|
For a stuffed breast of turkey you will need:
Serves 6- 1 frozen breast of turkey weighing around 1 kg, thawed.
- 200 gms of semi cooked sliced Paris mushrooms. Keep the cooking juices for later.
- 1/2 bunch of parsley roughly chopped.
- 1 onion also roughly chopped.
- 6 cloves of garlic roughly chopped.
- 2 inches of fresh ginger root julienne.
- 1 Florina sweet red pepper julienne.
- Lots of freshly cut rosemary leaves.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Some fresh chili pepper if desired.
Although the pictures speak for themselves, I will give you a rough explanation of how to go about it.
- Open your turkey breast as best as you can and flatten it with a heavy brass meat flattener as in picture.
|Flattened Turkey Breast|
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
|Stuffing On Breast Of Turkey|
|Ready For Tieing|
- Add some salt and pepper to all the stuffing.
- Close the turkey breast by pinning all the parts down as best as you can.
- Take the whole stuffed piece and pass it through the net as shown in the pictures.
|Turkey Breast In Net|
|The Net. The Piece Of Meat|
Is Introduced From The Base
As It Exits From The Top
The Net Holds It Together
- Wrap the whole stuffed turkey breast and place on a baking dish in a 200 degree centigrade preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
|Unwrapped Roast After One Hour.|
Add Roast Bouillon Cube Disolved
And Some Porcini Mushrooms For
- Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
- As soon as you take the baking dish with the turkey out of the oven, scrape the walls of the baking dish and mix with the juices obtained through out the cooking as seen in the picture. This is your sauce.
|The "Burnt"Stuff On Walls Of Dish|
Will Come Off With Hot Juices When
- Pour the sauce in a small saucepan, add the roast bouillon cube dissolved in some hot water, add the juce from the mushrooms when previously cooked, some porcini mushrooms for extra flavor, let it boil for a few minutes while your roast is cooling (15 minutes). This is when you can doctor your sauce anyway you like. You can add some Bisto, some Madera wine...as you wish.
- I would strongly suggest to take out the pins holding the turkey together. Since it is cooked now, it will hold together in place.
- I would also strongly suggest to cut slices keeping the net in place so the turkey does not fall apart, so you can have nice round slices in your plate.
- Each person can take off the net by him or herslef while eating it on the plate.