|Fried Filo Spring Rolls|
I woke up this morning with a special recipe for spring rolls in mind in order use up the filo and cheese/egg mix.
You will need:
- Whatever filo you have left. If you have a brand new pack so much the better.
- Whatever frozen cheese/egg mix left over. If you have fresh grated cheese put an egg inside and use it.
- 5 - 6 Chinese Cabbage leaves very thinly chopped.
- 1 spring onion finely sliced.
- 2 small cawots sliced with a potato peeler as per photo.
- Some parsnip sliced just like the carrot.
- 1 red bell pepper brunoise. (You should know what brunoise means by now).
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper. Yes 1 Tbsp. we want the spring roll to have kick to it.
- Cut the filo as per photo the width must be at least 4 inches wide
- Mix all the above very well.
- Start filling and rolling the filo as per photos.
- Freeze them the same way you froze the cheesy wraps. You are now ready for any surprise guests for drinks.
- Although I mentioned in my Cheesy Wraps recipe to bake them I believe they are much better if they are fried. Of course you can bake them if you wish.
|Add A Tbsp. Of Filling|
|Cut The Filo In 4 inch Strips|
|Keep Rolling Making Sure You |
Fold the Two Extremities Inside
Facing Each Other.
|Stick The End With A Water |
This is another way of using filo. There are yet many other ways you can use filo such as Baklava!.....
Good Luck and Bon Appétit,