Beef Stew My Style !!!...It Is Still Chilly Outside
Today my friends we shall make a stew. I thought of sharing with you a different way than I usually make it. Instead of tomato I will use half a bottle of dry red wine and will not stir fry the onions and the garlic while searing the meat.
You will need:
- 1.7 kg of any tough cut of beef in 3 inch pieces.
- 2 Medium onions chopped.
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped.
- 3 Carrots cut in 1 inch pieces.
- 1 Parsnip cut in 1 inch pieces.
- 3 Zucchini also cut in 1 inch pieces.
- 6 potatoes peeled and cut in two lengthwise then in 1 inch pieces.
- 1 Beef Bouillon cube and 1 vegetable disolved in 1.5 liters boiling water.
- No Salt.
- Flour to coat beaf pieces.
- Olive oil.
- 300 ml of dry red wine.
- Pour enough olive oil to cover the base of a large diameter saucepan, so that the meat pieces would all be in one layer.
- When all sides are nice and brown, add the wine. It should make a loud "TSHHHHH" (an expression an across the atlantic very good friend of mine likes).
- Wait for the wine to dissipate, add one liter of the bouillon, and only then add the garlic, onion, and the rest of the vegies bring to a boil then simmer for one and half hours.