This is not a pizza. It has no tomato on the bottom, and definitely no cheese. Yes...it could have been a 3 million calorie pizza if I put a doctored tomato sauce on the bottom and covered it with nice, melting Cheddar, Mozzarella, Gouda or a mixture of all three!....
This is a pastry based rectangular mixture of many old and or forgotten vegetables in your fridge, sauteed with olive oil, covered with Panko and baked 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius in the middle of the oven.
- Left over old rocket finely chopped.
- Left over old lettuce finely chopped.
- 6 not very fresh leeks finely chopped.
- 6 not very fresh scallions finely chopped.
- Any other greens you think you need to get rid of (but not in the waste bin)l
- 1 pack of two pastry sheets. Use only one...save the other for another day. For my Greek readers I used Kourou pastry.
- A few handfuls of Panko Japanese bread crumbs.
- 2 T olive oil and
- 6 very small dollops of butter ( if you wish ).
- 1 rectangular cookie sheet.
N.B. Needles of say the above veggies must still be edible but not good enough for a salad.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the above veggies.
- Heat oil in a wok or karahi (you will need space).
- Add veggies and stir fry for about 10 minutes till they are soft but crunchy.
- Line your rectangular pastry on your cookie sheet.
- Cove pastry with sauteed veggies.
- Sprinkle with Panko.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Take out of oven, let cool 15 minutes then cut into squares.
|THE PANKO COULD BE REPLACED BY GRATED PARMESAN!!|
Enjoy a very light snack.