Mix For Any Pasta With: Garlic-Oil-Piment de Spelette-Parsley And Sun Dried Tomatoes.
Piment de Spelette is a very "gentile - civilized - suave" kind of chili because unlike the Jalapeño or Habanero, is mild but still has that bite which even a lady can enjoy. They all have the same size, grow in the Basque area of South Western France/Spain around the area of the town of "Espelette". It can be found fresh, dried, and in powder. I personally have the dried ones very beautifully strung on a cord. In this recipe I used ¾ of one snipped very thinly with a pair of scissors.....
All I am going to give you in this recipe is the "mix" you can use on any kind of pasta once, of course, boiled and strained but keeping a bit of the boiling water.
This mixture is for 750 gr of pasta good for 1 - 6 persons depending on the appetites.
- 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- 3 cloves garlic very finely sliced.
- 6 pieces of sun dried tomatoes chopped.
- ½ cup good olive oil.
- ¾ piment d'Espelette finely scissored into strips.
- Mix all the above into a nice mixture.
- Retain some of the mixture to garnish.
- Have it ready to fry into very hot oil for 5 seconds before adding on your pasta. Be careful not to burn the garlic or else all the taste will change.
- Pasta can be of any kind you like.
- Strain pasta add add steaming hot onto the fried mixture, mix well.
- Add onto your serving bowl.
- Add the raw mixture you kept to garnish.
Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese (definitely not the ready grated so called parmesan found in boxes in supermarkets) on the side and some good red wine