Green String Beans With Cauliflower And Semolina Squares.
Green string beans with cauliflower and semolina squares is a meal by itself. String beans are bought frozen and already cut in pieces so as to make it easier to use in a meal like this.
This dish can be considered vegetarian if chicken broth is not used to make the tomato sauce and generally to cook the whole meal in. So basically it depends on who cooks it to decide. Broth is used to improve the taste, and the body of the dish. Of course many herbs and condiments could be used instead of the broth but that really would change the overall taste of this recipe. The health benefits of green string beans are....
Green string beans are very healthy for us and provide our bodies with necessary fiber and nutrients.
Green string beans contain several vitamins such as vitamins E, B, and C. They even contain many minerals in them like iron, zinc, copper, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Not only do green string beans contain vitamins and minerals but they also contain high amounts of fiber which our bodies need to push out the waste and toxins from out bodies. Green string beans also contain healthy proteins our body needs to maintain healthy muscles and body tissues as well as carbohydrates which help keep us energized and moving.
Green string beans can help prevent colon cancer. The reason is because they contain high amounts of fiber that keep the waste and toxins moving out of our colon fast and easy. They don't have the time too build up and cause cancer. The minerals and vitamins in green string beans also help colon polyps from forming and other cancerous growths in the colon. Green string beans can also help prevent stomach, bone, and lung cancers.
Green string beans not only can help prevent cancers can also help treat and prevent health problems like bone disease, asthma, fatigue, digestive issues, inflammation, iron deficiency, high blood pressure, heart disease, and digestive issues. Green string beans are super foods that help keep our bodies healthy and strong, but mainly gives us energy and protection from colon cancer.
Some of the best ways to eat green string beans is by eating them raw, steamed or tossed in a salad. There are many other ways to eat string beans: such as saute with little fresh butter and garlic, in Chines dishes or cooked with a tomato sauce.
To change things a little bit I had the idea to throw in some cauliflower florets and thick grain semolina square cakes to make the dish even more "super" !
I have already talked about semolina before in a post called "Poor Boy Semolina Cakes" . Here is the link to refer to if you wish:
- 1 kg frozen green string beans cut in 5 cm pieces, thawed.
- ½ kg cauliflower florets.
- ½ kg grated tomato with juice.
- 2 cups water or broth.
- 1 Tbsp sugar (preferably brown).
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 1 Tbsp chili powder.
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, stir fry onion till transparent.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 1 minutes.
- Add broth and grated tomato.
- Add sugar.
- Add paprika and chili powder. Stir.
- Bring to a boil then cover, lower heat to a minimum and simmer for 20 minutes making sure the sauce does not run dry.
- When a nice thick tomato sauce is made add the green string beans and the cauliflower florets heads up.
- Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat again to minimum and let green string beans and cauliflower cook to your taste. I like the veggies to be "al dente".
- Turn off heat and serve hot over the semolina cakes.