Spelt / Spiroulina Spaghetti Aglio Olio...Delicious Diabetic Pasta
Spirulina is a food supplement. We are lucky that somebody in Europe (and why not the Italians) has thought of making spaghetti for diabetics out of Spelt and Spirulina. Spelt flour has saved the day for us high blood pressured diabetics!! Here is a nice recipe which I would certainly recommend to gluten intolerant readers who feel like eating spaghetti....and by the way Spelt in Italian is Farro and in Greek, Zeas found in Organic shops.
Ingredients for a gluten free spaghettata is:
Serves 4 as a main dish.
- 500 gr black spelt / spirulina spaghetti.
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- 1 big bunch of parsley finely chopped.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil.
- No salt.
- Bring a pot of water (100 ml / kg of spaghetti to be boiled) to boiling. For salt free spaghetti add no salt to the water.
- Add spaghetti and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or as per instructions on the pack.
- In the meantime, heat oil and garlic together until you obtain that beautiful garlic odor.
- Drain spaghetti and add to hot oil and garlic.
- Mix well, let garlic go everywhere.
- Sprinkle lots of chopped parsley on top mix.
Serve and really enjoy because that is the only type of pasta you can eat!!
You can add some slices of hot chili scattered around to make it sexy.