I don't know what is wrong (or right) with me these days but I have the "hots" for curries!! Always, of course, staying on the main principles of my losing weight plan.
Today I fixed black eyed peas with crunchy cauliflower florets. They were excellent. Here's how....
- 300 gr black eyed peas washed and strained.
- 6 small cauliflower florets washed and strained.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 big onion chopped.
- 4 big cloves of garlic sliced.
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric powder.
- 2 heaping tsp. of Vindaloo curry paste with tamarind and chili.
- 2 boiling cups of water.
- No salt.
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic and mix, stir, and cook for about 5 minutes on high heat.
- Add curry paste. Mix well.
- Add cauliflower florets and mix.
- Add two cups of water, let boil, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. The cauliflower should stay crunchy.
Serve hot and enjoy!