My friends I have the ultimate low calorie side dish for you...
We are now in November season for mushrooms and spinach. If you happen to have any kind of dried mushroom in your pantry get some fresh baby spinach and make this fantastic low calorie side dish for boiled chicken, beef or poached salmon.
You will need:
- 500 gr fresh baby spinach leaves washed and drained.
- 2 handfuls of dried Porcini mushrooms boiled in little water to soften. Save any liquid obtained.
- 2 cloves of garlic passed through the garlic press.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the spinach in batches in a frying pan with cover to welt on medium heat.
- When welted, increase heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and porcini mushrooms, stir and mix for about two minutes.
- Add the sea salt and pepper.
Serve on the side.