Very quick, simple, zesty, tasty and aromatic......
Went outside on my veranda to cut a good bunch of fresh sage sprigs to use on the pork. Used the leaves and discarded the stalks.
You will need:
- 1 Tbsp. of butter and some olive oil so the butter does not burn.
- 1 handful of fresh sage leaves.
- 3 pork chops.
- 3 Habanero chilis soaked in olive oil.
- Freshly ground pepper.
- A three finger pinch of coarse sea salt.
- Some garlic oil for the end.
- A stick-proof frying pan.
- Heat frying pan.
- Melt butter and add olive oil.
- Start frying pork chops on high heat.
- Add the handful of sage leaves.
- Add the Habanero chilies. Use wooden tongues to rub each chop with its Habanero chili.
- Keep on cooking the pork chops on high heat on both sides till the chops are well done, and the leaves are crisp but not burned.
Serve pork chops topped with the crisp sage leaves, a tsp. of garlic oil, a habanero chili, left over potato and red cabbage salad.