Ok it happened again! I accidentally wiped out all the pictures taken.Always with you, my readers, in mind, an effort is being made to come up with original ideas that could please you, members of your immediate family and guests. I would like to present today an idea that struck me while making an omelet. I added ¼ cup of ...
beetroot juice. We had beetroot for lunch yesterday and kept the juice from pack to make pink lasagna which will be my next recipe, by the way.
You will therefore need:
- 8 big whole eggs.
- ¼ cup beetroot juice.
- 1 Tbsp. flour to thicken the eggs.
- 100 gr corn drained.
- 2 habanero chilies very thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic very thinly sliced.
- 50 gr normal white mushrooms thinly sliced saute, all liquids shed and drained. Keep the liquid for future use. You would always want to keep any mushroom juices, when not used, in your freezer.
- Break each egg in a little cup first to check if it is good or spoiled then transfer it to a bowl.
- Using a wire whisk beat vigorously to make them nice and frothy.
- Add beetroot juice and whisk again. You should obtain a pink color.
- Add flour and whisk briskly to incorporate.
- Add corn and whisk again. Set aside.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a 30 cm diameter oven proof skillet with a metal handle.
- Saute garlic, habanero chili slices and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add pink egg/corn mixture, scatter the chili, mushrooms and garlic evenly around the omelet, cover, and lower heat to minimum.
- Or: you can put the whole skillet into a 200 degree C oven for 5 minutes (less or more depending how you like your omelet: runny or solid).
- Keep checking both above ways till you have it right as per your taste.
Note: The reason for the 30 cm in diameter skillet is to obtain a 30 cm omelet which would make folding (if you wish to fold) easier as opposed to smaller ones.
- If you will not fold, overturn it on a plate, cut it in triangles with a sharp knife and serve carefully with a wide, flat spatula.
Try it...it was good. Original.