|Once The Skin Looks Crunchy, And Cooked From The Bottom Down |
You will need:
- 3 Salmon filets skin on.
- 50 gr of good quality fresh butter.
- Salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- A few slices of chili, or Jalapeño flakes (optional).
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Use a big skillet to melt butter in.
- Add little olive oil so the butter does not burn.
- When hot enought but not smoking add the filets of salmon skin down.
- Fry on medium heat checking bottom skin side frequently.
- Meanwhile you will see that the salmon will start cooking from the bottom going upwards.
- When you see that the skin is crunchy enough, overturn the filets skin side up.
- Fry for a about 45 seconds max (depending how thick your filet is).
- Don't over-cook.
Serve with steamed baby potatoes, finely chopped parsley and a few drops of lemon juice on the salmon.