So today we shall cook together string beans with sun dried tomatoes and garlic, fresh ginger, dry coriander, tomato paste, penne riggate and topped with fresh chopped coriander. The penne riggate are included to make the dish more filling. Of course they could be optional.
You will need:
- 800 gms of frozen green string beans.
- 6 sun dried tomatoes cut in four.
- 3 tsp. of tomato paste.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1½ inch ginger julienne.
- 1 Tbsp. dry coriander.
- Fresh coriander for topping.
- Salt and Pepper.
- 100 gms of penne riggate cooked al dente unsalted.
- Add frozen string beans to a skillet on low heat without oil, cover and let string beans thaw slowly and cook slightly. Check for doneness. The string beans must be crunchy.
- Transfer beans to a plate.
- In the same skillet, put enough oil to cover the base, combine the garlic, sun dried tomatoes, julienne ginger, dry coriander, salt and pepper. Mix and stir well on high heat for ½ a minute. Add the tomato paste continue to stir fry all together till ingredients are equally disperesed everywhere.
- Add the penne riggate and mix.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and....
Enjoy!! Cold or hot as you wish they are equally delicious.