This Recipe Is For My Friend
Sikander Memon From Mohenjo-daro, Sindh, Pakistan,
who taught me what I know about his type of food.
(he is alive and kicking by the way)
Every curry powder mix is not the same. As previously mentioned in past blogs about Pakistani/Indian foods, the main ingredient is a mixture of spices which produce a curry, a tandoori, a tikka, a biryani etc. By changing the ratio, addition or the omission of one or more spice will change the taste of the resulting dish. If you basically like all these ingredients you will like Pakistani or Indian food.
For chicken curry with potatoes you will need:Serves 3
- 600 gms of chicken breast cut in cubes.
- 3 Tsp. of the ready mix curry powder dissolved in a little water to make a paste.
- 5 potatoes, peeled, washed and cut into pieces.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Some oil to marinate the chicken and the potatoes.
- Some oil to cook.
- Marinate for 2 to 3 hours covered with cling film in the refrigerator.
- When it is time to cook, add some oil in the karahi over high heat and throw in chicken and potatoes.
- Stir fry all together, reduce heat, cover, and simmer till the potatoes are done.