Cauliflower in Tomato Coriander Sauce on Cardamom Rice.
- 1 medium size cauliflower with the greens around it.(not a good idea).
- 500 gm of tomato pieces.
- 70 gr of tomato concentra.
- 1 Tbsp coriander.
- 4 big onions roughly chopped.
- 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander roughly chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a big pan or karahi .
- Add onions, garlic and coriander powder and saute all together.
- Add cauliflower florets and saute.
- Add cauliflower greens and saute.
- Add tomato pieces and concentrate and mix well until a homogeneous sauce is obtained,
- Add 1 cup of water, let boil, cover and reduce heat to minimum for 45 minutes. or until the cauliflower is cooked. If the green parts are not cooked discard.
- Keep on adding water so the sauce does not thicken too much.
- When ready, turn off heat and add chopped fresh coriander.
- Serve with the cardamom rice.
This time the rice is going to be made differently.
- 2 cups Jasmine rice.
- 3 cups water.
- 1 beef cube.
- 10 cardamom pods crushed taking off the casing keeping the little black specks.
- Olive oil to fry the rice.
- ;Dissolve the cube in 3 cubs boiling water.
- Add the boiling water,stir, cover, reduce heat to a minimum and set your timer to 20 minutes after which the rice should be ready.
- Result: a delicious rice with a beautiful aroma.
Enjoy this different meal.