Chards are delicious, green leafed and excellent for the health....
Slightly sauted chards without their stems with roughly sliced onions, add them to already boiled black eyed peas together with sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese and you get a lovely warm salad.
Chards are called Blett in French, Seskoula in Greek and Sal'k in Arabic so it should be easy to find them in English, French,Greek or Arabic speaking countries.
- 400 gr chards, very well washed stems cut off, cut in two or three parts by hand.
- 200 gr sun dried tomatoes, drained from their oil, cut in bite size pieces.
- 200 gr feta cheese.
- 300 gr black eyed peas boiled (no need to soak overnight)
- 1-2 bay leaves with the boiling black eyed peas.
- 1 onion roughly sliced.
- 6 T extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 T prepared mustard.
- 1 T oregano.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the olive oil, parepared mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.Set aside.
- Cut off stems of the chards.
- Wash chards very well till no earth comes out of them.
- In the meantime boil the black eyed peas till soft, drain.
- Saute the onions and chards till soft.
- In a large bowl throw in boiled black eyed peas, sauted chards and onions, sun dried tomatoes, break in the feta and mix.
- Finally add the vinaigrette sauce and mix well, taking care not to pulverize the feta.
- Serve warm or cold as preferred.
|I think it looks like Mickey Mouse!!|
|Tip: I personally included some rice only stuffed vine leaves bought ready per serving.|