Simple Corn Bread
Corn bread is easy to make and quick. Some of you may well know it but maybe some do not...
- 1 1/2 cups corn meal.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk.
- 2 large eggs beaten.
- Heat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Cut a piece of oven paper and soak in water.
- Fit soaked oven paper in a 33 cm pan with a iron handle to fit in the oven.
- Preheat pan in oven when the temperature reaches 230 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add milk and mix.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add oil and mix.
- Pour into hot pan on oven paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Take care to handle the pan with a specially thick glove or else....
Remove from pan and set on wooden board and serve hot.
Cut circular corn bread in squares.
Enjoy with chili, brazed beef, chicken and whatever dish has sauce.