Another Way Of Preparing Spaghetti Ground Meat Sauce
I have recently thought of another way of preparing ground beef sauce for pasta, moussaka, or any other dish which needs this sauce. Bottom line is...
that it is lighter while still using the same ingredients and dryer without any liquids.
- 1 kg of ground meat 90/10.
- 500 gm of grated tomatoes.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped.
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed into a paste.
- 1 bouquet garni (composed of 3 sprigs of thyme, 1 sprig of sage, 1 sprig of rosemary, and 3 bay leaves).
- Butter and / or olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste at the very end.
- Heat butter and / or oil in a skillet on high heat.
- Add ground beef and disperse the lumps.
- Medium brown ground beef till all liquids evaporate.
- Add grated tomatoes, mix.
- Boil, lower heat to simmer uncovered till you prepare the onion/garlic/bouquet garni.
- In a second skillet, heat some oil or butter, stir fry your onion till transparent.
- Add garlic and stir fry till that fantastic aroma fills the air.
- Add onion and garlic to the ground beef.
- Add the bouquet garni and bury with the ground beef.
- Lower heat and simmer till the ground beef is completely cooked and tender.
- Throw away the bouquet garni.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The difference with the basic way of preparing this sauce is that the beef does not cook with the onion and garlic all the time, the liquids evaporate and therefore it is lighter.