Boy I tell you this recipe is pure heaven. I had to import this type of spaghetti from Italy because Greeks don't eat hot spaghetti and cannot find them in the market. They already contain the chili inside and that is why they are orange!! In fact you can just boil and eat them neat with your favourite grated cheese but...
I grilled the country sausages on the side which, cut into small pieces, and added some fresh basil from my veranda.
4 normal persons.
- Consider 500 gms for 4 persons. Italians usually cook 100 gm per person. Sometimes 80 gm per person when there is a second course. (I sometimes eat 500 gm by myself!!! what pure ecstasy...)
- 1 sausage per person.
- 1 big handful of basil.
- Cheddar and or parmesan.
- Salt for the boiling water.
- No need to add extra salt to the food because the country sausage is already salty.
- Some freshly ground pepper.
- Rule of thumb: boil spaghetti in 1 litre of water per 100 gm of RAW spaghetti.
- Boil water.
- Add salt.
- Add spaghetti and cook for 1 to 1.5 minutes under the time shown on pack for correct " al dente ". The reason is that you sometimes lose time between straining them, etc.
- While waiting for the water to boil, and cook, grill the country sausage.
- When the sausage is cooked, keep the juices.
- When spaghetti is ready, add juices onto the spaghetti, mix well, and add into your oven proof serving dish.
- Add your grated cheese and put under a very hot grill for the cheese to melt. (optional).
- Add the chopped basil.
- Bear om mind that cheese will definitely increase the calories.
Serve hot and enjoy!!