New Shortcrust Pastry Tart My Way....Simply Delicious....A Small Piece Takes You A Long Way In To Heaven
I have already given a recipe on shortcrust pastry in my previous posts but this one, due to a mistake of mine, came out faaaaantastic. I put 400 gm of butter instead of 600 I mention in my previous recipe.
The topping you see is just crumble from the same pastry. Long strands could not made because it was too crumbly. So here is the recipe if you are interested.
- 1 kg plain all purpose flour.
- A pinch of salt.
- 400 gm good quality fresh butter at room temperature.
- 100 gm egg yolks.
- 100 gm sifted powdered sugar.
- Preheat your oven to 200 blender.
- Add pinch of salt and mix.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour.
- Add butter and blend slowly till crumbly.
- Add yolks one by one and blend till all yolks are in.
- Add powdered sugar until well blended.
- Drop dough onto your working surface and work into a ball.
- Wrap ball with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your tart pan with extractable base and start PATCHING it with pieces of dough until the base is all covered.
- Continue patching the sides. Don't worry about the thickness of the crust. The thicker the better (I think)....the crust comes out crunchy and blends in with the marmalade ....fantastic.
- Add a jar of your favourite marmalade.
- Add crumble here and there as shown in picture.
- Bake for 20 minutes lowest shelf.
- Bake for another 20 minutes highest shelf. Don't forget to put a rim of aluminum foil to protect the rim of the tart from burning. (I forgot to put).
- Turn oven off, let cool completely.
Enjoy with coffee, tea or pink lemonade.