BBQ Sausage With Bacon And Veggies.
It is bad enough we are eating salty pork sausage and salty bacon. We are definitely not going use any Mooootsarella! So BBQ Pit Boys I do apologize that I am not sticking to your otherwise beauuuuuuutiful idea. I just hope we were 20 years younger!
- 6 fresh pork sausages from your favorite butcher 2 lbs.
- 300 gr bacon.
- 2 sweet red peppers cut the way you like but big enough so they don't disappear on the fire.
- 2 eggplant medium size cut in round about 1 inch slices.
- ½ celery root (big as a baseball soft ball) cut in thin slices.
- 2 hot green peppers cut any way you like.
- My jalapeños are still growing so I don't add any.
- 2 wooden skewers.
- 1 small piece of dry Hickory chunk.
- 2 Tblsp olive oil to add to the veggies.
- Try to find sausage that is long with no separating knots.
- Turn the sausage as in picture. (only in the picture I put two small sausages in the middle).
- Pierce the sausage with the two wooden skewers to hold the sausage in place and to be able to handle easily.
- Put the veggies in a heat resistant pan (Green Pan) with a steel handle. Drizzle the oil over them. I don't have a heavy cast iron pan. Just be careful when you come to handle it. Wear a high heat resistant silicon glove.
- Divide your bacon into parts not single slices.
- Load your coal baskets with hot-hot coals.
- Cover and heat the bbq to about 250 - 300 degrees F.
- When heat is reached, quickly put the sausage and the bacon opposite your coals, add the Hickory chunk from the side and sit back for ½ hour and let it smoke.
- After ½ hour put your pan with veggies on the coals and wait for an hour.
- When time has gone by, check the veggies if they are done, and check the sausage.
- The whole affair should take maximum 2 hours. In the meantime you can drink a few cold beers!
Serve with any side dish you like.
Enjoy (I know I did)