Basically Millet does not have a special taste which could improve when made with some kind of stock or greens like Millet with Cilantro. This time I thought of...cutting up some veggies into the boiling water where I would throw in the Millet to cook.
Ingredients to use for two cups of Millet.
- 2 raw beets, pealed and washed.
- 2 carrots pealed and cubed very small.
- 2 sweet red peppers cubed very small.
- 2 hot green peppers cubed very small.
- 4 cups of cold water.
- 2 cups of Millet.
- Add some pepper to taste. No salt.
- Measure the 2 cups of Millet and set aside.
- Add 4 cups of cold water in a sauce pan.
- Add all the veggies to the cold water, cover and let boil.
- When water boils, wait about 2 minutes, then add the Millet.
- Cover and reduce heat to minimum.
- Set your timer to 15 minutes.
- When time is up, turn off the heat. Do not open the cover.
- At serving time, use a bund cake mold to mold your Millet by pressing it with a serving spoon.
- Over turn on a nice platter and serve.
- Cut as you would a cake.
The outcome is a reddish color with the pieces of veggies in it. It was quite nice actually.
Hope you make it.