Ingredients for 6 Naan:
- 2 cups of all purpose flower.
- ¾ cup warm water about 37 degrees Celsius.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
- 2½ Tbsp. plain yogurt.
- 1 tsp. sugar.
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 1 pinch of baking soda.
- 1 tsp. dry yeast.
- In a small bowl mix water and dry yeast and let stand.
- In a big bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture add water and dry yeast mixture.
- Start your mixer using the elbow attachment at slow speed until both of the above are well incorporated.
- Finally add oil and yogurt.
- Mix on speed 4 to 5 for about 5 minutes until you obtain a nice soft dough. If it is sticky add a little more flour.
- Remove dough from the mixer bowl and insert in a large enough bowl, cover with plastic film and let prove in an air current free, warm place ( I use the microwave oven with the door shut) for about 4 hours till dough has doubled in size.
- When time, preheat your oven to 250 degrees Celsius with oven tray in it. It is important that the oven tray is heated as well.
- Work the dough with your hands for a couple of minutes on a floured surface and cut into 6 equal parts.
- Using your roller pin, make 6 round flat circles pulling on one side to pear shape.
- Insert into oven and onto the already very hot oven tray for about 8 minutes using the grill to a dark golden color.
Serve hot with your food.