Minced/Chunk Soy Bean With Steamed Broccoli And Shiitake Mushrooms
|Snipped A Few Celery Tops For Garnish|
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 kg frozen broccoli florets.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 cup chunky soy bean.
- 1 cup minced soy bean.
- 2 cups boiling water.
- 2 Tbsp. thick sweet black soy sauce.
- 2 Tbsp. normal soy sauce.
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar.
- A handful (about 10) dry Shiitake East Asian mushrooms, boiled in very little water to soften, cut in half. Throw boiling juice into your food mixture while simmering.
|Shiitake Mushrooms Courtesy Of Wikipedia|
- A few dashes of Chinese sesame oil at the end.
- No salt and no pepper.
- Cut open 1 kg frozen pack of broccoli florets and throw into your wok.
- Add 1 cup water and cover to boil. When water boils turn your heat to minimum for the broccoli to thaw and start cooking.
- 2 to 3 minutes later, add mushrooms, chunky and minced soy bean, and 2 cups of boiling water. Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes till the soy absorbs most of the liquid to tenderize.
- Add seasoning: thick sweet and normal soy sauce, rice vinegar and the garlic/ginger paste.
- Mix everything well, let simmer for 2 minutes and switch off the heat.
- Now you can add the sesame oil to give an extra "something".