- 500 gr of black eyed peas. No need to soak in water from the night before.
- 4 - 6 any fish filets you prefer.
- 1 small pumpkin pealed and roughly cubed keeping all the seeds.
- Salt to taste.
- Freshly ground green pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp. turmeric.
- 0.25 gr saffron.
- 1 onion finely cubed.
- 4 cloves garlic finely sliced.
- 1 cup finely chopped celery.
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill.
- 1 Tbsp. linen seed/flax/or linseed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash black eyed peas in a colander under running water and place in a pot.
- Cover peas with water till about two inches above.
- Add garlic, onion, celery.
- Add turmeric and saffron.
- Add salt and green pepper to taste.
- Bring everything to a boil with pot cover on, then turn heat to minimum, and simmer for about 1½ hours or till beans are tender.
- Add fish filets, olive oil over the fish and poach, pot covered, for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Meanwhile roast on low heat for about 15 minutes the linseed and pumpkin seeds on a dry stick proof pan.
- Serve in deep soup plate with one piece of fish, and the black eyed peas with juice.
- Sprinkle on each dish finely chopped dill and a mixture of roasted linseed and pumpkin seeds.
Enjoy this healthy and light meal.