|Baby Cuttle Fish Before Separating The Tentacles.|
You will need:
- 1 kg frozen baby cuttlefish, thawed, and washed, tentacles separated from the bodies.
- 4 - 5 spring onions, chopped.
- 1- 2 onions cut in medium slices and separated into rings.
- 1-2 leeks depending on size cut the white part only in strips.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 3-4 Habanero chilies whole for decoration and to eat if desired.
- ¼ cup dry white wine.
- Fry in very hot olive oil the cuttlefish bodies until they are well browned all over and season while hot with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fry the tentacles separately removing any extra liquid from the pan and season with salt and pepper while still hot and set aside.
- In a separate pan, fry the spring onions, onion rings and leek strips add the white wine, and let fry till the alcohol evaporates and they are soft but still crunchy.
- Divide the various vegetables into three to four plates.
- Top with a few bodies and an equal quantity of tentacles.
Note: When baby cuttlefish are cooked they become even smaller than what they already are so you might say that each bite is one cuttlefish with tentacles.